Welcome to the ViaMaverick Internet Business Blog resources page! I decided to put this page together so that you can have 100% complete access to all of the tools that I personally use for my own internet business.
You’ll notice that beside each link is a brief description. Each description tells you a bit about the resource and how it’s helped me personally. I hope these resources will benefit you as much as they’ve benefited me!
Disclosure: If you decide to make a purchase (at no additional cost to you) through one of the affiliate links below I will earn a small commission. Understand that I would NEVER recommend any products or services that have not personally helped me with my own online business. The last thing I want to do is steer you in the wrong direction. Your loyalty as a ViaMaverick reader and subscriber is much more important to me than a few bucks!
- WordPress: WordPress is the #1 platform for bloggers. It’s easy to use and more importantly free to use. Every website I’ve ever made has been done on the WordPress platform.
- Elegant Themes: Amazingly beautiful WordPress Themes.
- The THESIS Theme: The ViaMaverick Internet Business Blog runs on the Thesis Theme and Framework. If you want a fully customizable theme, faster page loading, and an overall SEO friendly website – Thesis is the way to go.
- GoDaddy Deluxe Web Hosting: Most of my websites are hosted with GoDaddy. Easy navigation, easy WordPress installation and amazing 24/7 customer support. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Godaddy for your first website.
- Bamboo Pen and Tablet: This is by far one of the best investments I’ve made. Although it’s not completely necessary, it’s a great tool to have when producing video tutorials. The Bamboo Pen and Tablet by Wacom is a must have for anyone looking to do video tutorials with a unique twist.
- Screenflow (Mac) This is a super awesome screen recording and screencasting software I use to record all of my video tutorials. I absolutely love this software and highly recommend checking it out if you’re a Mac user looking to record some awesome videos.
- Camtasia (PC and Mac) Very similar to screenflow except camtasia is also available for PC and Mac users. Very awesome piece of software.
Shopping Carts & Merchant Solutions
- E-Junkie: This is the shopping cart I use to sell all of my eBooks and digital downloads. Easy to set up shopping cart that uses expiring download links to protect your digital products. Very easy to use at a very low price – an overall great investment.
- Clickbank: The #1 Digital retailer to sell your own products. They’ve got an amazing affiliate program and an excellent back end for tracking and monitoring your analytics.
- PayPal: PayPal is pretty standard when it comes to setting up and configuring your other shopping carts. Might as well create an account while you’re here if you haven’t already done so.
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool: A popular tool used to find keywords based on actual Google search enquiries. You can also check the popularity, competition, and advertising worth of each keyword.
- Google Adwords: Get your product or website seen by placing relevant advertisements on Google. You can select specific locations and keywords to advertise for and then you’ll pay per click or per impression depending on what advertising campaign you choose to run.
- Google Adsense: By far one of the easiest ways to make money online. Sign up for Google Adsense and then place the code Google gives you onto your website or blog. Google will pull relevant keywords from your website and display them in the form of an advertisement. When someone clicks, you get paid. Do not click on your own advertisements, you will get your account banned.
Split Testing & Analytics
- Google Analytics: Free website tracking and analytics from Google. In depth statistics, demographics, geo locations, and website health are just a few of the things you’ll find here. A must have for every website owner.
- MailChimp: Online email marketing solution to manage contacts, send emails and track results. If you’re just getting started online and don’t want to spend any money, MailChimp offers a Free trial that allows you to mail over 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers. So until you break one of those thresholds, it’s free. The interface is okay but it’s a great email marketing service to start.
- GetResponse: I’ve decided to do all of my email marketing using the email marketing services over at GetResponse. Not only is the platform super easy to navigate and use, but the customer support and pricing is amazing. They also have some awesome features I know you’ll love 🙂
- Aweber: The #1 Email marketing software that’s easy to use & only $1 to try.
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk: Amazing book about leveraging the internet to cash in on your passion. A must read.
- Re-Work by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson: Re-Work is a must read for every entrepreneur. If you think you’ve read a book with quotes you can relate to, wait till you read this one.
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene: An in depth book that relates to everyday life. Great read to alter your mindset.
- The 50th Law by 50 Cent & Robert Greene: Another amazing book I highly recommend reading. 50 Cent and Robert Green did a great job, definitely expanded my mindset in terms of life and business.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey: One of the most influential books on personal development I’ve read to date. As soon as I was done reading the last page, I definitely got a positive shift in my mindset right away. Incredible read.